Saturday, June 14, 2008

Things Have Changed My Life

I think I have a very diverse life story. I think that a great deal of what has happened to me has created a wonderful mix of things inside of me.

Teachers and preachers. Days, todays, yesterdays, and tomorrows. Places I have been and places I haven't been. Things that have happened and things that have not happened. Many things have changed my life.

Sometimes the things that have changed my life saw the changes happen immediately. Sometimes the changes took awhile to happen.

One change happened immediately and I thought I recognized it then. But in fact, I recognized it this year.

In 1968, in May, I shook hands with a man. Simple action, happens all the time. In June, a man was shot and bled on the kitchen floor of the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. Horrible action, happens all the time. It was the same man. I shook his hand and three weeks later, he was assassinated. I knew then that it changed my life.

Forty years later, I realized that it did change my life.

-jb

0 comments: