Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Question for Clinton Supporters

All,

This has been an exciting Democratic campaign and I am glad it is over. I would like to make a statement and ask a question.

My statement is that many state that 'if you are for someone other than Senator Clinton, than you are sexist'. I believe that this ~might~ be true IF, and only if, the complete sentence is 'if you are for someone other than Senator Clinton, based on gender, than you are sexist', but not in the shortened form. In fact, I am doubly proud that our country has a campaign that breaks both racial and gender barriers. I can equally state that someone favoring Senator Clinton is a not racist and that someone favoring Senator Obama is not a sexist.

In fact, the 'ists' are generally not going to show up in the list of supporters, but in the list of detractors - that is those that are against someone.

Some of Senator Clinton's supporters have been heard to say that they will now vote for Senator McCain. Now that one or the other of these two preferred candidates has emerged ahead and the other not, my question is this: "Is your candidate, or someone else of their gender or race, more likely to win the next White House race if Senator McCain wins or if Senator Obama wins?"

I think that however one feels about the just-ended race or how they feel about the coming national race, if they will answer the above question, everything will work out.

Please: Independents, Republicans, Democrats, and all others - please vote. Vote for the candidate of your choice, but VOTE.

I would rather see my candidate lose an election with 100% of voters participating than to see my candidate win with only 50% of the populace voting.

-jb

0 comments: