Sunday, October 5, 2008

Penny for Your Thought

Penny for Your Thought

I am tired of campaigns going negative. I am tired of any campaign wasting my time with negative statements about their opponent. I am tired of it. Each time, although it costs 42 cents for postage, but I am going to donate one penny to the campaign that goes negative. It costs me 43 cents but it costs them much more to process and receipt it.

They have to receipt me, they spend much more than a penny to handle this contribution, and they get immediate feedback that something they did offended me.

To contribute to John McCain
Mail to: John McCain 2008
P.O. Box 16118
Arlington, VA 22215

To contribute to Barak Obama
Mail to: Obama for America
P.O. Box 8102
Chicago, IL 60680

+--------->8-------------------------+
| Please find my $0.01 contribution__|
| attached to this note._____________|
|____________________________________|
| I sent a penny because I would_____|
| like to encourage you to give______|
| me your thoughts on the issues_____|
| instead of your negative___________|
| thoughts about your opponent.______|
|____________________________________|
| _________+------------+____________|
| _________|___________ |___________ |
|_________ | Attach ____|___________ |
| _________| Penny Here |___________ |
| _________|___________ |___________ |
|__________+------------+___________ |
|____________________________________|
| Please, do not waste my valuable __|
| time with negatives.______________ |
|____________________________________|
| Receipt to: ______________________ |
|____________________________________|
|____________ ______________________ |
|____________________________________|
|____________ ______________________ |
|____________________________________|
+------------------------------------+

Why? Why do this? Will it make a difference? Right now, the campaigns 'go negative' with impunity. They may sway some people with negatives, but they do not know how unhappy 'going negative' makes some of us feel.

Suppose that a candidate makes a ridiculous claim that the opponent is Satan himself. If he soon receives thousands, or even tens of thousands, of pennies, he might realize that going negative is not without consequences.

Every contribution of a single penny will not be mistaken and the message will be crystal clear - stay positive or shut-up.

Please print this off and send it in in response to negative ads or campaign statements.

Only 30 days left.

-jb

0 comments: